Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hawaii Oct 2010

DAY 1   MON 10/11/10
Flew to Oahu Hawaii and landed at noon. The minute I walked out of the airport with my luggage and took a deep breath of the Hawaiian air, the excitement began. I'm back, for 3 weeks this time. The pick-up van was waiting for me so I climbed aboard and cranked some Metallica on the ride into Waikiki.  So I go to check in to my hotel and Yoko (no kidding) the hot Asian woman at the desk tells me my room isn’t ready and asks me to sign a paper that says no smoking or a $200 fine will be levied on my credit card. I explained to her that I requested a smoking room and showed it to her on my paperwork. (a little known secret for a better room) She then said she has a room ready now and she would have to upgrade me to a better room for free. She said she was going to give me a partial (ocean view) 
First day, swimming in ocean, free,
sushi for lunch, $12.00,
beer at Dukes, $9.50,
getting hit on by 2 drunk milf’s at Dukes, priceless!
Watched the sun set ocean front as I ate my chicken salad at Wolfgang Pucks. I was thinking that my life is a fantasy. My dreams have actually come true this last year.
I brought all my toys that I’ve acquired in the last year, gps, i-pod, laser pointers, binoculars, camera, and tripod. I’m set.
As I walk the streets of Waikiki after dark. 
DAY 2 10/12/10
Up at 10 breakfast at Dennys than got 2 pair of losable breakable sunglasses for $20. I bought a beach mat from the ABC store and off to the beach behind The Outrigger.
Body surfed for 2 hours, a beer at Dukes than off to the Coffee Bean for free internet. I had to make my Jet Ski reservations for Friday. Sushi for dinner than walk over to the condo to check it out.
Back from the condo and HOLY SHIT!!  I’ve been living in the slums of Waikiki. (which is paradise) The condo rocks with a huge beach, cheap sushi, and a park next door. It’s on the sand in a very classy upscale area. I’ve died and gone to heaven! Nam is going to love it. I added 6 more days at this Hotel so I don’t have to move until Nam gets here in a week. Than it’s off to condo land, on the sand for 9 days.
So I decided at midnight I would walk to the Big Kahuna bar a block away. I met a local named Nemo from California via Detroit and he works at California Pizza Kitchen. I was going to eat there soon because I saw it earlier tonight walking to the condo. Now I know the cook. I can’t wait to see what day 3 has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment